Lemony Shrimp ‘n’ Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, garlic and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and asparagus is tender. With a slotted spoon, remove shrimp and vegetables; keep warm.
- Add the soy sauce, lemon juice and peel to the microwave dish. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into soy sauce mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return the shrimp mixture to the bowl; toss to coat. Serve with rice if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 103 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Aug 29, 2010
We thought this dish was great! Very tasty - the lemon flavor really comes through in this dish. And the fact that it's done in the microwave makes it a very quick and easy dinner to put together! Tasty and low cal/low fat!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.