Lemony Shrimp & Mushroom Linguine
My husband made this for me shortly before we married. I made some slight tweaks to the recipe over the years, and he says it's even better now. The lemons are a refreshing addition. —Ann Baker, Texarkana, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), julienned
- 2/3 cup chardonnay
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, halve and thinly slice one lemon. Finely grate peel from remaining lemon; place in small bowl. Cut lemon crosswise in half; squeeze juice into bowl; set aside.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, lemon slices, lemon peel and juice; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chardonnay, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until wine is evaporated. Add shrimp; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until shrimp just turn pink.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Drain linguine, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Stir linguine into shrimp mixture, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Heat through. Serve with parsley and, if desired, cheese.
Originally published as LEMONY SHRIMP AND MUSHROOM PASTA in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016