Lemony Shrimp Fettuccine
Pasta lovers, rejoice! You'll be amazed at how quick and easy it is to toss together this impressive seafood entree that boasts a classic white sauce with a hint of lemon. —Kathleen Specht, Clinton, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 3/4 cup seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in cheese until smooth. Add shrimp, tomato and red pepper; heat through. Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Drain fettuccine; transfer to a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Shrimp Fettuccine with Almonds and Chocolate in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015