This pretty pasta is a family favorite —the kids love the light lemony flavor and I love that they devour the fresh veggies. You can use other types of pasta noodles for variety, like bow ties or corkscrews. —Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Additional grated lemon peel and chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add peas; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Drain pasta; reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta to shrimp mixture; stir in peas and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, parsley, oil, garlic, lemon peel and remaining salt and pepper until blended. Pour over shrimp mixture; toss to coat, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. If desired, sprinkle with additional lemon peel and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Shrimp & Snow Pea Pasta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p169