- 1-3/4 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Additional grated lemon zest and chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add peas; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Drain pasta; reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta to shrimp mixture; stir in peas and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, parsley, oil, garlic, lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper until blended. Pour over shrimp mixture; toss to coat, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. If desired, sprinkle with additional lemon zest and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemony Shrimp & Snow Pea Pasta
"A lot of work to put together but well worth it. Very colorful, light and healthy tasting."
"Great flavor. Simple, fast, and beautiful!"