Lemony Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Place sweet potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter, lemon juice and salt; drizzle over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and lemon zest.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 170 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
May 24, 2012
I enjoyed the taste of this, more importantly, my husband liked it! I did modify it a tad.....I baked on a cookie sheet, for the allotted time. I also sprinkled lemon pepper over them and because I am trying to limit sugars, I only sprinkled a little brown sugar over the top. Next time I will try honey instead of the sugar. Loved the pairing of ingredients with the sweet potato.