This one-dish meal tastes like it needs hours of hands-on time to put together, but it's just minutes to prep the simple ingredients. The meat juices cook the veggies to perfection. So easy. —Sherri Melotik Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Recommended: 21 Sheet Pan Dinners to Make Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium lemon, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 chicken drumsticks (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes, onion and sliced lemon in a large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each salt, rosemary and pepper. Spread evenly in a greased roasting pan. Roast on an upper oven rack 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches.
- Place chicken over potato mixture. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Immediately add spinach to vegetables, stirring to wilt slightly. Serve with chicken and, if desired, lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Roasted Chicken and Potatoes in Country Woman February/March 2018