Lemony New Potatoes
I can't recall where this recipe came from, but I know my family has enjoyed it for years.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion (green part only)
- Peel a strip from around each potato. Place potatoes in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the butter, lemon juice, salt and lemon peel; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onion.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 118 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Lemony New Potatoes in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook