- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh parsley, cilantro and chives
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, chilies and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forLemony Herbed Rice
"This rice dish was delicious and very versatile. I served it as a side to baked tilapia, but it would go very well with a chicken or pork dish as well. I replaced the canned chillies with 3 fresh jalapenos, chopped. I did not have the fresh herbs on-hand, so I used approximately 1 tsp of dried herbs for each Tbsp of fresh, rubbing them between my palms to release the flavor. My boyfriend who is not normally a fan of rice in general REALLY liked it. I will definitely make this again, and try some different variations."