- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine, divided
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Trim and discard root end of bok choy. Coarsely chop leaves. Cut stalks into 1-in. pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef; cook, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add carrots and bok choy stalks; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in garlic, bok choy leaves and 1/4 cup wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan, until greens wilt, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef, beans, oregano, salt and enough remaining wine to keep mixture moist. Reduce heat; simmer about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemony Greek Beef and Vegetables
"This was a tasty and easy recipe, with lots of potential for using different beans, veggies and spices. I used ground turkey instead of beef. I also used regular bok choy instead of the baby version - I used about 12 oz. but more would be fine. I microwaved the carrots until they were tender before cooking them with the bok choy. There was no way all those carrots were going to get crisp-tender after just 5-7 minutes of sauteeing in oil! I thought the recipe as written was a bit under spiced and dry, nothing more salt and pepper and some chicken stock couldn't fix. As is often the case, the leftovers were better!"