I love the lemon in this recipe; it's the latest addition to my collection of quick, healthy dinners. I'm sensitive to cow's milk, so I use goat cheese crumbles on my portion instead of the Parmesan. —Alice Neff, Lake Worth, Florida
Recommended: Our Best Artichoke Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine, divided
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Trim and discard root end of bok choy. Coarsely chop leaves. Cut stalks into 1-in. pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef; cook, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add carrots and bok choy stalks; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in garlic, bok choy leaves and 1/4 cup wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan, until greens wilt, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef, beans, oregano, salt and enough remaining wine to keep mixture moist. Reduce heat; simmer about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Greek Beef and Vegetables in Taste of Home November 2017