Lemony Cucumber Salad
"In the summer, we use fresh cucumber and tomatoes from my husband's prolific garden for this colorful salad," writes field editor Marcia Severson of Hallock, Minnesota. "it's oneof our favorite light suppers."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 whole pita bread, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, cilantro and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, lemon peel, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Add the pita bread and almonds; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 483 calories, 37g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Lemony Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.