Anytime I can take a recipe that has been handed down two generations and lighten it up while keeping the delicious flavor memories intact, I’m a happy girl. —Patti Lavell, Islamorada, Florida
Featured In: Food Gifts for Mom
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/4 cup egg substitute and oil; mix until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add remaining egg substitute; beat on low speed just until blended. Spread over crust. Crumble reserved topping over filling.
- Bake 11-13 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemony Cream Cheese Bars in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p243
Reviews forLemony Cream Cheese Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2016
"my daughter loves lemon desserts ,April is her birthday month. I made this for her and she LOVED them . I very easy and simple to make will make these again thanks for the bars."