Lemony Chicken Piccata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 thin lemon slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, one piece at a time. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine and garlic to the pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the broth, lemon juice and capers. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in butter and lemon slices. Return chicken to the pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 259 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 18, 2014
One of the best recipes I have tried! Will absolutely be making this again and again and again.
Nov 6, 2013
This is so tasty and tender. I used regular broth rather than low-sodium.
Apr 2, 2013
Delicious and so easy! I love the lemon and capers combo.
Jun 12, 2012
This Recipe was SO quick and Easy! I love it! Tried it on a whim tonight and it was AMAZING! I used chicken tenderloins and doubled the recipe. My 9 year old declared it a Keeper recipe. :)
Nov 24, 2011
My whole family loves this recipe! I have made it several times. Only problem is there is 6 of us so I have to make it in two batches.... BUT well worth the effort!
Aug 6, 2011
The best lemon chicken recipe I have ever eaten. It is amazing. I will be serving it again and again.
Mar 12, 2011
LOVE chicken piccata!! definitely added more capers and butter and it was amazing:-)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.