- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 thin lemon slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth and garlic to the pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add broth, lemon juice and capers. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in butter and lemon slices. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forLemony Chicken Piccata
"One of the best recipes I have tried! Will absolutely be making this again and again and again."
"This is so tasty and tender. I used regular broth rather than low-sodium."
"Delicious and so easy! I love the lemon and capers combo."
"My whole family loves this recipe! I have made it several times. Only problem is there is 6 of us so I have to make it in two batches.... BUT well worth the effort!"
"The best lemon chicken recipe I have ever eaten. It is amazing. I will be serving it again and again."
"LOVE chicken piccata!! definitely added more capers and butter and it was amazing:-)"