Lemony Chicken Asparagus with Bow Ties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium; add the asparagus, broth and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir in the cream, onions, parsley, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Drain pasta; add to the skillet.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 417 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 28, 2018
I feel like this is a solid 4.5 stars. I did as others suggested and doubled the sauce. I doubled everything but the butter, chicken, asparagus, and onion. Instead of fresh parsley, I did dried and only did 2 tsp. I'd prefer the sauce to be thicker (it was pretty thin as it was), which is why I think it's more of a 4.5 than a 5. I used reduced sodium chicken broth, which I think worked out well. If I had used regular chicken broth (full sodium), it would have been too salty for me. I'm definitely going to make this again.
Mar 10, 2014
definitely need to double the cream sauce, otherwise, very tasty!
Feb 12, 2011
This was a total hit. I doubled the recipe and fed an 18-month-old toddler, a 76-year-old grandpa and a bunch of others. All totally enjoyed. I've added to my recipe box an look forward to whipping it up again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.