- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 16 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 6 pounds)
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread 1 cup rice into each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon lemon peel, 8 chicken thighs and half of the marinade. Top with sliced lemons.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180°. Sprinkle with remaining lemon peel. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews forLemony Chicken & Rice
"Sad to say, I wasn't happy with this recipe. The rice definitely needed more liquid and the whole dish needed more salt."
"I used long grain rice and rice did not get cooked all the way. Loved the taste but will use parboiled rice next time."
"I used boneless chicken breast and cut the recipe in 1/2 for my smaller family . Very tasty!!"
"A real hit with mu family, will make it again for sure!"