Lemony Bonbon Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 24 pecan halves
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon juice. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place pecan halves on two ungreased baking sheets. Top each pecan half with a ball of dough; flatten with the bottom of a small glass.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough lemon juice to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread over cookies. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 97 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2013
everyone raves about theses cookies... so yummy!
Feb 23, 2013
These cookies are so good! The pecan on the bottom is a really fun idea. A very nice addition to a cookie tray. I like to add a few drops of yellow food coloring to the icing. I love the versatility of this cookie as they are a nice addition to a holiday cookie assortment, yet they can be served year round. These cookies are even elegant enough for a bridal or baby shower.
Dec 13, 2008
Why can't I print this receipe?