- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 24 pecan halves
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon juice. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place pecan halves on two ungreased baking sheets. Top each pecan half with a ball of dough; flatten with the bottom of a small glass.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough lemon juice to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forLemony Bonbon Cookies
"everyone raves about theses cookies... so yummy!"
"These cookies are so good! The pecan on the bottom is a really fun idea. A very nice addition to a cookie tray. I like to add a few drops of yellow food coloring to the icing. I love the versatility of this cookie as they are a nice addition to a holiday cookie assortment, yet they can be served year round. These cookies are even elegant enough for a bridal or baby shower."
"Why can't I print this receipe?"