Lemonade Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 1 pound fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; add lemon and orange zests. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Stir in lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup and toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup salad: 74 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
May 8, 2017
It's o.k. I can't really taste the lemon/orange syrup through the flavors of the fruit.
Apr 5, 2017
This was very simple to make and the extra flavor from the sauce made it taste better than a plain fruit salad. I went to Walmart though and couldn't find the cherries to use! I just bought more grapes, I plan on making this over the summer using the cherries, too.
Jun 19, 2011
Excellent flavor, easy to make, will definitely use this recipe again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.