Lemonade Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 1 pound fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; add lemon and orange zests. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Stir in lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup and toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup salad: 74 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
May 8, 2017
It's o.k. I can't really taste the lemon/orange syrup through the flavors of the fruit.
Apr 5, 2017
This was very simple to make and the extra flavor from the sauce made it taste better than a plain fruit salad. I went to Walmart though and couldn't find the cherries to use! I just bought more grapes, I plan on making this over the summer using the cherries, too.
Jun 19, 2011
Excellent flavor, easy to make, will definitely use this recipe again!