- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 4 pounds)
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first five ingredients. Remove half of the marinade to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for basting. Add chicken to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basing and turning several times. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemonade Chicken
"Simple, refreshing summer entree."
"I made a paste of all the ingredients except the lemonade, and rubbed them all over the back & legs of a whole chicken. Then I placed it breast side down in a crockpot & poured the lemonade around it. Took about 5 hours on low and it was *fabulous.*I poured all the juices from the crockpot into a glass container & tucked it into the fridge. The next day, I separated off the fat from the top and used the juices (plus some water) in my rice cooker with basmati rice.I chunked the remaining cooked chicken, sautéed some onion, bell pepper & canned pineapple chunks and mixed it all together. Garnished with maraschino cherry halves, it was a perfect 2nd meal!"
"tasty! and so easy"
"Very good grilled chicken. We will make this again."
"I made this last summer and it was SO delicious! Never had a more flavorful, refreshing meal! Is good also with limeade and a little cilantro instead of mint."
"I don't grill either, but I do everything on my George Foreman. I will try it that way and get back to you."
"how did you cook it in a crock pot?"
"I have done this in a crock pot, turned out great!"
"I agree with fcced -- I would like to see alternative methods of cooking this...bake? broil?HELP!!!"
"I may be missing it but is there a nutrition break down for this recipe-DB"