Lemonade Angel Fluff
Katherine Stallwood of Kennewick, Washington recommends this fluffy refreshing dessert.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- Red food coloring, optional
- 4 cups angel food cake cubes
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl. cover and chill for at least 2 hours. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar; heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in lemonade concentrate and food coloring if desired. Cover and chill until slightly thickened. Gradually add to chilled milk; beat until light and fluffy. Fold in cake. Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Remove from pan; cut into eight slices.
Originally published as Lemonade Angel Fluff in Taste of Home April/May 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.