Lemon Yogurt Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons lemon yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process until smooth. In a bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Beat in the eggs, lemon zest and yogurt mixture; mix well. Add flour just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the remaining yogurt and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 20, 2017
I made mini loaves (5) and baked at 325* for 24 minutes. Like the other review this was not lemony. I even added extra zest. Next time I will add lemon extract. I also added lemon extract to the glaze. I may even leave out the apricots as they really didn't add any flavor.
Jun 23, 2010
Oops, forgot the stars...try this
Jun 23, 2010
This was a lovely treat. Very easy to follow directions and easy to put together. We did not find the lemon flavor as intense as we would like, next time I intend to add a few drops of lemon oil or some lemon extract to increase lemon intensity. It was gobbled up very quickly by everyone and enjoyed by all.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.