- 3/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons lemon yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process until smooth. In a bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Beat in the eggs, lemon zest and yogurt mixture; mix well. Add flour just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the remaining yogurt and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forLemon Yogurt Loaf
"I made mini loaves (5) and baked at 325* for 24 minutes. Like the other review this was not lemony. I even added extra zest. Next time I will add lemon extract. I also added lemon extract to the glaze. I may even leave out the apricots as they really didn't add any flavor."
"Oops, forgot the stars...try this"
"This was a lovely treat. Very easy to follow directions and easy to put together. We did not find the lemon flavor as intense as we would like, next time I intend to add a few drops of lemon oil or some lemon extract to increase lemon intensity. It was gobbled up very quickly by everyone and enjoyed by all."