- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon curd until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Beat gelatin into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream and lemon peel. Pour into eight dessert cups. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLemon Velvet Dessert
"Not a strong lemon flavor at all, and it is thick in the mouth and hard to swallow, (too much cream and cream cheese) even though I made the portions smaller (recipe yeilded 11 little cups instead of 8) some guests left part of it and I couldnt eat more than half of mine. I was dissapointed."