- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined. Fold in squash.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLemon Surprise Pound Cake
"Baked 65 min at 355 - tested done, is more like bread pudding. It never did rise well. A confectioners sugar - lemon juice glaze gave it more flavor. Not sure if I'll try again or not."