- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add remaining sugar. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #21 star tip. Transfer reserved cream cheese mixture to bag. Pipe stars onto pie. Refrigerate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forLemon Supreme Pie
"I love you!"
"This is just a wonderful recipe. I've made it several times and it always is a hit."
"I gave this 4 stars because of the whipped topping. I have never liked it over real whipped cream, it's easier and also lazier. Also if you can get Meyer lemons instead of regular lemons the flavor is over the top and this pie makes 6 not 8 servings."
"great pie. took another reviewer's suggestion to only put 5 Tbs corn starch and it was perfect. Also used my own crust . Very good flavor."
"I loved this pie! I used my own crust, and I didn't reserve a 1/2 cup of the cream layer for garnishing I kept it in the pie, which I'm glad I did because it didn't seem like it was enough to fill the pie if I didn't. I served it with whipped cream as a garnish instead, but it doesn't even need it. I also added a teaspoon of lemon zest to the cream filling as well."
"This recipe is quite good, but like some other people mine looks nothing like the picture. I ended up with about as much lemon filling as cream cheese filling; way more than pictured. I also experienced the weird slimy liquidy layer on top of the pie after a day in the fridge. Weird. But it tastes great and is super easy to make! This one is definitely a keeper."
"Good recipe but added a few changes to make it great. 1. Don't use a pre made base. Use 250g of crushed digestives (17 biscuits), put in bag then demolish with a rolling pin. Pop it in a bowl then add 110g of melted butter mixing then push into a removable base tin then place in oven at 160 for 8 minutes. 2. Once you have made the lemon topping sive the sauce and remove all the disgusting lumpy gelatine created my the cornflour and bin it. 3. Use real whipped cream."