- Pastry for deep-dish pie (9 inches)
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Additional frozen whipped topping, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pie dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add remaining sugar. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon zest and, if desired, food coloring. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Spread over pie shell.
- Cover cream cheese filling with lemon filling. Refrigerate entire pie overnight.
- If desired, dollop additional whipped topping over lemon filling. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLemon Supreme Pie
"Everything compliments each other. I'm always looking for good taste within"
"Very good pie. Recommend using fresh squeezed lemon instead of bottled lemon juice if you can."
"One of my very first recipes to try when Toh first published their magazine.. It has remained a favorite of mine. Yesterday I was happy to revisit this favorite and felt that this first shabby review needed an updating.Its a most Wonderful pie. Its so decadent without being overly sweet. I have reduced the amount of sugar over the years and have switched to 1/3 less fat cream cheese to make it slightly healthier. And I can still say Its One Of my All Time Favorites . Its so nice to come back and review this Contest Winning recipe as a volunteer Field Editor so many years later. This is a 5 star rating!! Not the 4 as shown!!!!Janie"
"I love you!"
"This is just a wonderful recipe. I've made it several times and it always is a hit."
"I gave this 4 stars because of the whipped topping. I have never liked it over real whipped cream, it's easier and also lazier. Also if you can get Meyer lemons instead of regular lemons the flavor is over the top and this pie makes 6 not 8 servings."
"great pie. took another reviewer's suggestion to only put 5 Tbs corn starch and it was perfect. Also used my own crust . Very good flavor."