Lemon Strawberry Tarts
Freeze the extra cookies and repeat the dessert idea the following week. For an even easier dessert, purchase bakery sugar cookies instead of baking them yourself.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup chilled lemon curd
- 6 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream
- Cut the cookie dough into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread six cookies with 2 tablespoons lemon curd. Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream. Save remaining cookies for another use.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Strawberry Tarts in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.