Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 9 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Food coloring, optional
- Nonpareils and colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and lemon peel. Combine the flour, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat in food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with nonpareils and colored sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 6, 2017
I liked the lemon flavor. It added a little interest to spritz cookies
Dec 26, 2010
These were okay. The dough was a bit stiff for my cookie press. I think it needs a little bit of milk added to soften up the dough. The flavor was good. I put frosting on mine as well.