Adding cinnamon and honey really perks up the flavor of basic lemon tea. Add a splash of lemon extract to take this drink delightfully over the top. —Adeline Russell, Hartford, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups boiling water
- 7 lemon-flavored tea bags
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, optional
- Lemon slices and additional cinnamon sticks
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags and cinnamon sticks. Cover and steep for 6 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and cinnamon sticks. Stir in honey and extract if desired. Serve warm in mugs. Garnish with lemon slices and cinnamon sticks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Spiced Tea in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p21