I enjoy fish very much, and I especially like it fried. But my doctor has said it's a no-no! So this is a very tasty way to prepare fish without adding lots or extra fat and calories. —Anne Powers of Munford, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Arrange the fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 124 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Originally published as Lemon-Soy Roughy in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.