Lemon Sour Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Blend a small amount into egg yolks; mix well. Return all to pan; mix well. cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and peel; mix well. Set aside.
- 2. For meringue, beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla and cream of tartar. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside. Fold sour cream into the lemon mixture; pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Cover with meringue, sealing to edges of pastry. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with lemon peel strips if desired. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 425 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Sour Cream Pie
"The luscious lemon pie is sure to please!!"
"Have made this twice & always a BIG hit with my husband. It's a keeper for us!"
"This is the best lemon pie I have ever tasted and my family loves it. It is simply delicious."
"i rated this recipe excellant but stars went back to 4 and i didn;t notice"
"i made crust with 1 cup white flour and 1/2 c ground flax seed and 1/2 c of ground bran buds, 1 c ground walnuts,1/3 c packed brown suger, 1/3 c of spenda.1/3 c of margarine and 1/3 c of applesauce. i cooked it for 12 min at 350 in pan 16x8, for filling i used 1/2 c of sugar and 1/2 c of splenda and no salt. this made the filling very thin but my husband liked it . i also mixed the egg white mixture in with the lemon mixture..delicous probably would have been better if i had doubled the filling recipe but healthier my way"