Lemon Sour Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Lemon zest strips, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Blend a small amount into egg yolks; mix well. Return all to pan; mix well. cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and zest; mix well. Set aside.
- For meringue, beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla and cream of tartar. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside. Fold sour cream into the lemon mixture; pour into pastry shell.
- Cover with meringue, sealing to edges of pastry. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with lemon zest strips if desired. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 9, 2017
The luscious lemon pie is sure to please!!
Jul 26, 2014
Have made this twice & always a BIG hit with my husband. It's a keeper for us!
Oct 30, 2011
I had lemon sour cream pie at a local restaurant and came home and googled for a recipe. I found this one. I made this yesterday. It is better than this restaurant that features pies on their menu. Easy to follow directions. Followed it as it!! So good!! Will definitely make this pie again!
Nov 20, 2010
This is the best lemon pie I have ever tasted and my family loves it. It is simply delicious.
Nov 20, 2009
Excellent flavor and texture for this pie. Everyone at work loved it!! I will definitely be making this pie again.
Oct 23, 2009
i rated this recipe excellant but stars went back to 4 and i didn;t notice
Oct 23, 2009
i made crust with 1 cup white flour and 1/2 c ground flax seed and 1/2 c of ground bran buds, 1 c ground walnuts,1/3 c packed brown suger, 1/3 c of spenda.1/3 c of margarine and 1/3 c of applesauce. i cooked it for 12 min at 350 in pan 16x8, for filling i used 1/2 c of sugar and 1/2 c of splenda and no salt. this made the filling very thin but my husband liked it . i also mixed the egg white mixture in with the lemon mixture..delicous probably would have been better if i had doubled the filling recipe but healthier my way