Lemon Snack Cake
"I love to experiment with lighter recipes," relates Rosalie Buyce of Winter Haven, Florida. "I was pleased to come up with this moist lemon cake. A dollop of whipped topping gives the final touch to each sunny square."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free lemon yogurt
- Reduced-fat whipped topping, optional
- Additional lemon zest, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and lemon zest if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 185 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Lemon Snack Cake in Light & Tasty December/January 2002