- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and onions in butter and oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender and shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Stir cheese and parsley into rice; serve with shrimp. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice
"This was really good, didn't have minute rice so I made it with regular rice and my Parmesan was the packaged refrigerator mix of Parmesan and Romano. I will definitely make this again!"
"Good recipe next time I will use regular rice though as I think it is worth the extra time."
"So delicious yet light and healthy to boot!"
"Recipe looked so good had to try, even though I had to make multiple substitutions: jasmine rice, subbed red onion, no lemon juice, no parsley, subbed celery and artichoke hearts. Served with sourdough bread. Turned out great, but can't wait to try the original recipe!"
"This was good. Family enjoyed it."
"I made this recipe tonight. This is definitely a keeper. My husband is still talking about how good it tasted and it's good for you especially with the calories. Very very good, I give it an A ."
"Other than using basmati rice, instead of instant, I made this exactly as written. I am a ship's chief cook, and I ran out of it halfway through the meal, with plenty of disappointed sailors. It is now a keeper in my seafood rotation."