- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the shrimp, onions and garlic in butter and oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Stir Parmesan cheese and parsley into rice; serve with shrimp. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice
"So delicious yet light and healthy to boot!"
"Recipe looked so good had to try, even though I had to make multiple substitutions: jasmine rice, subbed red onion, no lemon juice, no parsley, subbed celery and artichoke hearts. Served with sourdough bread. Turned out great, but can't wait to try the original recipe!"
"This was good. Family enjoyed it."
"I made this recipe tonight. This is definitely a keeper. My husband is still talking about how good it tasted and it's good for you especially with the calories. Very very good, I give it an A ."
"Other than using basmati rice, instead of instant, I made this exactly as written. I am a ship's chief cook, and I ran out of it halfway through the meal, with plenty of disappointed sailors. It is now a keeper in my seafood rotation."
"Delicious! We really enjoyed this dish. I didn't have green onions so I used white onion. I also used brown jasmine rice. Very yummy!"
"Delicious and simple. My husband and picky daughter loved it. I made it exactly as stated and it came out perfectly. I served it with slices of garlic bread and steamed spinach."