Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), julienned
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Return pan to heat; heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper flakes. Add fettuccine and cheese; toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 440 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 9, 2016
My husband and I loved this - excellent - we used black bean pasta rather than fettuccine.
Oct 18, 2014
Terrible! Tossed it after a few bites and we went out to get a bite to eat.