This pasta recipe is one-pot easy and doesn't make a mess out of your kitchen. To give it a healthier spin, I sometimes use whole wheat fettuccine. —Mike McCormick, Moore, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), julienned
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Return pan to heat; heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper flakes. Add fettuccine and cheese; toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 440 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Light Lemon One-Pot Pasta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Sep 9, 2016
My husband and I loved this - excellent - we used black bean pasta rather than fettuccine.
Oct 18, 2014
Terrible! Tossed it after a few bites and we went out to get a bite to eat.