- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup soft sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), julienned
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Return pan to heat; heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper flakes. Add fettuccine and cheese; toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Shrimp Fettuccine
"My husband and I loved this - excellent - we used black bean pasta rather than fettuccine."
"Terrible! Tossed it after a few bites and we went out to get a bite to eat."