Lemon Shortbread Squares Recipe
During the Christmas season, I keep homemade cookies available in my office to share with co-workers. These easy-to-prepare squares always get rave reviews.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour. Mix until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the side of the bowl. Stir in lemon peel if desired.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Score with a sharp knife into 16 squares. Prick each square twice with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans; press firmly into dough.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and pecans are toasted. Cool for 5 minutes. Cut along scored lines. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 squares.
1 each: 140 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Shortbread Squares
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC