Lemon Seafood Pasta
This recipe can also be made with fish fillets. Pairs well with Gallo Family Vineyards Chardonnay.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked vermicelli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Gallo® Family Vineyards Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 15 Greek olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Add lemon peel, lemon juice and wine; saute 1 minute. Stir in capers, olives and sun-dried tomatoes; saute 1 minute.
- Drain vermicelli; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley; gently toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Originally published as Lemon Seafood Pasta in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.