Lemon-Scented Broccoli Recipe
“If you do not like broccoli, you might change your mind after tasting this festive dish,“ predicts Wills Point, Texas field editor Dorothy Pritchett. It is simple yet elegant with a delightful lemon sauce.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden brown; set aside. Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon peel and pepper. Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl; top with lemon sauce and pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 82 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon-Scented Broccoli
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC