“If you do not like broccoli, you might change your mind after tasting this festive dish,“ predicts Wills Point, Texas field editor Dorothy Pritchett. It is simple yet elegant with a delightful lemon sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden brown; set aside. Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon zest and pepper. Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl; top with lemon sauce and pecans.