Lemon Risotto Fritters with Lemon-Cilantro Dipping Sauce
I love LEMON and anytime I make sometime I like -- then it's special to me.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes1-1/2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce)
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine and lemon juice. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Add the lemon zest, salt, pepper and remaining butter; cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Shape risotto mixture into 1-1/2 in. balls. Dip fritters in the flour, eggs, then bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fritters, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; serve with fritters.