VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- Honey or strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, lemon peel and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, cheese, sugar and extract. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, several at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm with honey or jam. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Ricotta Fritters in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p193