Lemon Rice Pudding
The addition of grated lemon peel adds a flavorful twist to traditional rice puddings. Everyone will savor this refreshingly creamy dessert.—Barbara Parker, Newport, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a saucepan, bring water, rice, raisins and nutmeg to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in rice mixture and lemon zest. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber). Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Lemon Rice Pudding in Taste of Home December/January 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.