- 1-1/3 cups lemonade
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablepoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring lemonade and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon peel. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in cranberries and cooled rice.
- Divide among six 8-oz. ramekins. Place on a baking sheet. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over pudding. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or sugar is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon Rice Pudding Brulee
"This was very tasty, but more work than I'm used to. My husband loved it and I'll be looking for more brulee recipes in the future. This was a good one to start with."