I never enjoyed cooking until I tried out this dish on my family with great success.—Bill Huntington, Port Orchard, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives, optional
- Lemon slices, optional
- Combine basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub over steaks. In a skillet, cook steaks in oil for 11-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°).
- Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, top with cheese and olives and garnish with lemon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Rib Eyes in Country Woman September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.