Lemon Refrigerator Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape into two 9-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/8 -in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 21-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Editor's Note: The oven temperature is correct as printed.
Reviews for Lemon Refrigerator Cookies
"These are good. The only thing the recipe is missing is the filling to make them sandwiches. Just make a cream cheese frosting and stuff these babies."
"These cookies were so tiny - one inch in diameter. I followed the directions exactly, rolling into 2 nine-inch logs. Not sure they would bake properly if I didn't follow directions."
"The lemon is in the lemon extract."
"This is either the wrong recipe, or the wrong name. Where is the lemon??KLH"