VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (2.9 ounces) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup evaporated milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Add lemon peel; cool. In a small bowl, whip milk. Add lemon juice and sugar; blend for 30 seconds. Fold into pudding. Carefully fold in 3/4 cup coconut. Split cooled cake into two layers; spread pudding mixture between layers on top. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Refrigerator Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p85
Reviews forLemon Refrigerator Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2010
"Made this with whipping cream instead of evaporated milk. Yummy!"