Lemon Refrigerator Cake
The recipe comes from my church group and is a light, refreshing cake for warm-weather days.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (2.9 ounces) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup evaporated milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Add lemon zest; cool. In a small bowl, whip milk. Add lemon juice and sugar; blend for 30 seconds. Fold into pudding. Carefully fold in 3/4 cup coconut. Split cooled cake into two layers; spread pudding mixture between layers on top. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in refrigerator.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.