- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 jumbo muffins.
Reviews forLemon Raspberry Jumbo Muffins
"I made half the recipe in a standard muffin pan and got seven, not eight like the recipe stated. It's no surprise to me that mine look absolutely nothing like the ones in the photo in the book and on the website. They're very good, moist, dense, and cakelike. They need a little more salt. I used slightly less lemon extract and added 1/2t. vanilla extract. Mine baked in 18 minutes.This recipe is almost identical to a Better Homes and Gardens one in a cookbook called Jumbo Blueberry Muffins. On their site they're just called Blueberry Muffins."
"Have made these several times. They're delish!"
"Fabulous lemon taste but not overpowering. Perfect for raspberries or blueberries. It's one of my top five muffin recipes."
"Love these muffins! Have made them many times since we have a huge red raspberry patch. Just enough lemon, not overpowering. I've used milk in place of the half and half when I didn't have any...still good."
"Just printed this recipe....Will try them this weekend and let everyone know how they were. they sound wonderful!!! Thank you."