Lemon Raspberry-Filled Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, egg white, water and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cool.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat first four frosting ingredients until smooth. Beat in enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with spreadable fruit. Top with second layer; frost top of cake.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 313 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 11, 2010
I made this for a family get-together and everyone loved it! It was so moist and yummy!
Jul 27, 2010
I used blueberry jam for the filling and garnished with fresh blueberries- this also tastes very good with the lemon!
May 11, 2010
very good and very easy to make! I made it for Mother's Day, it was a big hit!
Apr 25, 2010
Delicious and easy to make!