Lemon Raspberry-Filled Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, egg white, water and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cool.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat first four frosting ingredients until smooth. Beat in enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with spreadable fruit. Top with second layer; frost top of cake.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 313 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2010
I made this for a family get-together and everyone loved it! It was so moist and yummy!
Jul 27, 2010
I used blueberry jam for the filling and garnished with fresh blueberries- this also tastes very good with the lemon!
May 11, 2010
very good and very easy to make! I made it for Mother's Day, it was a big hit!
Apr 25, 2010
Delicious and easy to make!